Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Weightlifter's Lounge
Y'all eat bears? What do they taste like?
Liked by:
(07-20-2017, 10:12 PM)intro Wrote: Y'all eat bears? What do they taste like?

Not good
Liked by:
Yep, you don't?

Hard to describe but also depends on what cut and how you cook it. If you took a bite of bear steak you'd know right away it wasn't beef. Definitely gamey but damn it's good. A lot of people make bear stews cause it's easy to make and hides the game taste.

Haha I guess it's a matter of personal preference Devon
Liked by:
(07-20-2017, 10:20 PM)Patagonia Wrote: Yep, you don't?

Hard to describe but also depends on what cut and how you cook it. If you took a bite of bear steak you'd know right away it wasn't beef. Definitely gamey but damn it's good. A lot of people make bear stews cause it's easy to make and hides the game taste.

You make bear stew because it's like deer and that's all that meat is good for. Why would you make a bear steak when you got moose or better yet Elk?

Wild meat is like anything.....It's only good if you know how to prep it.
Liked by:
No elk hunting where I live that's why, and I don't really get to chose the cuts he gives me. If I had shot the animal then I get the meat I want, if I'm part of the hunt then I get to evenly split whats left, and if it's foreign hunters kill then I get whatever he gives me.

I follow the recipes all the old timers use to prepare and it always turns out great. Even better get one of their wives to prepare it Smile
Liked by:
Game meats are actually the shit. I got some basically for shits and giggles because of g manifesto but damn, elk is crazy good. A good fresh cut seared to perfection just makes you feel good in a way few other things can.

About to enter a bulking phase so I'm about to pound more meat than a 14 year old boy. They're gonna need to widen the door at my gym soon otherwise I'm gonna need to start shuffling in sideways.
Liked by: Dwayne , jbell22 , Marcus
I started getting Insomnia (with an intense pulse/heartbeat in the middle of the night) on days when I work out too hard, and also on days when I fuck up the diet and eat some fast food or dessert. Is that normal?
Liked by:
(08-12-2017, 08:49 AM)intro Wrote: I started getting Insomnia (with an intense pulse/heartbeat in the middle of the night) on days when I work out too hard, and also on days when I fuck up the diet and eat some fast food or dessert. Is that normal?

No.
Your Limitations Are Invalid.
Liked by:
I didn't mean that response to come off as dickish, I just couldn't think of anything else to add in that moment.

It's not a normal response to intense exercise or food choices, but without a lot of other information it's hard to tell you what's going on and I don't really think that can be properly done via the internet anyway.

Probably isn't something to obsess over, or freak out about but have it checked out. I always recommend acupuncture Big Grin there are some very good diagnosticians in acupuncture who can give you some in depth information about what's going on from their perspective.

There could be an easy solution like adjusting your electrolyte intake or some such but talk to someone who can actually take a look at you and knows something.
Your Limitations Are Invalid.
Liked by: intro