Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tie Thread
what's the one tie every man should own?
"At our core, we all have everything we need to attract the opposite sex." - Alan Roger Currie, Mode 1

DVY Wrote:- A player is always alone, but never lonely
Liked by:
Of the two ties I wear the most, one is a medium blue and the other a moderately bright red. So, I guess if you had to choose only one, then the blue one is safest because you could wear to a job interview or any other kind of situation except black or white tie, obviously.
Liked by: Dwayne
(02-10-2017, 03:28 PM)Carlos Wrote: Of the two ties I wear the most, one is a medium blue and the other a moderately bright red.  So, I guess if you had to choose only one, then the blue one is safest because you could wear to a job interview or any other kind of situation except black or white tie, obviously.
What about red ties to interview or any other kind of situation?

Red satin tie is staple for Americans. I personally don't own one. See it on television all the time and foos wear it left right when they suited up for biz school.
"At our core, we all have everything we need to attract the opposite sex." - Alan Roger Currie, Mode 1

DVY Wrote:- A player is always alone, but never lonely
Liked by:
(02-15-2017, 10:22 PM)Altair Wrote:
(02-10-2017, 03:28 PM)Carlos Wrote: Of the two ties I wear the most, one is a medium blue and the other a moderately bright red.  So, I guess if you had to choose only one, then the blue one is safest because you could wear to a job interview or any other kind of situation except black or white tie, obviously.
What about red ties to interview or any other kind of situation?

Red satin tie is staple for Americans.  I personally don't own one. See it on television all the time and foos wear it left right when they suited up for biz school.

In my career field, anyone who shows up at an interview in a red satin tie is signaling that they're an uncalibrated kook because they obviously aren't aware of the proper dress code for the situation.  Once they're hired, they can wear a shiny red tie all they want, no one will care.  However, there aren't many people in my office wearing red satin ties.  I only wear satin ties at night.
Liked by:
What's the purpose of this? There is no one tie that works for every situation.

If you are asking what is the one tie you should buy - just go down to your local thrift store and buy what you like (presuming you have good taste). New ties are a tremendous waste of money. I own dozens of ties and I've never bought one new.
"Self love, my liege, is not so vile a sin as self-neglecting."

-- Henry V, Act 2, Scene IV
Liked by: Carlos